Technical Designer (UK-based only)
As a Technical Designer, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between art and programming. You will work with a team of talented artists and programmers to design, set up, and iterate on game features. We’re a small team, so you’ll be a key member and your opinions will be valued. You’ll be the only dedicated designer on the project, so the role covers game design, level design, mission design and setup, and balancing. The current project is roughly 70% complete so there is an established vision and framework to work within.
- Ensure that game features meet the creative vision and technical constraints
- Populate the virtual world with game objects, characters, missions
- Design new systems including progression systems
- Improve the design and balance of existing systems
- Work with the script writer to integrate script elements into the game
- Balance numbers to make the game fun (weapons, vehicles, enemies progression, etc)
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, game design, or a related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating previous projects (whether published, game-jams, or personal projects)
- Experience with Unity
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- UK based (requirement)
- Remote work environment
- Flexible core hours
- 20 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
We believe that diversity of thought and experience is essential to creating great games. That’s why we are always looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Please include a link to your portfolio, and we recommend that the portfolio includes screenshots or video links, as we rarely download executable files. We can only consider applicants who currently live in the UK.